
Going through my parents' attic a couple years ago, I found my old ST:CCG cards. What wonderful nerdy memories! I went to sell them online but found that the game was dead and so there was next to no demand or value for them online. So, then I decided to distribute to my kids and play with them, using significant rule modifications to make it easier for folks who cannot read, and also to enhance the possibility of interesting ship battles over solving missions. (I know, thats not really true to Star Trek and makes it more akin to Star Wars - but I always preferred Star Wars anyway.) I broke the cards out and we held a draft a couple weeks ago... its been a big success and they particularly like having their 'own' cards which they can trade. Since Dad only got the leftovers from the draft, they particularly enjoy building battle fleets and going to destroy Dad's pathetic little shuttle-craft!
Comments