Skip to main content

Our House Part 2

And here is more of a straight-on view. The porch is screened in and potentially very useful, though we often prefer the front door. Our vegetable garden is behind the house, but you can see even the front has plenty of trees and vegetation... thanks to our gardener's daily watering from well water. We are thankful to be safely back here after a very nice vacation with family in August.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

magda said…
It's beautiful! (Happy early birthday to E!)
jo said…
glad to have a place to put you in our imaginations! thanks for sharing =)
tom myers said…
matt, what's your e-mail address. i've lost it. tom myers

myers9337@yahoo.com
afreakforjc said…
Hey guys -- happy to meet you all on our little safari in Nairobi. I look forward to keeping up with your blog, now that I know where it is! ~drew huang
Kansas Mom said…
I can't believe I missed these pictures earlier. What was I doing in August?

Thanks for posting them. Your house is beautiful and I agree that internet-equipped computer is far better than a TV anyway. (We only use ours for NFL and Netflix, so wouldn't have a use for one either if we were where you are!)

Popular posts from this blog

USBs with Minority Languages

5th Grade Memories

  Enjoyed this wall hanging at a local official's office.

Snippets

Some recent glimpses of our life here. The local trader has many nicknacks that are mostly uninteresting, but he looks out for old coins for me.  This Napoleon III French Emperor coin was from 1855.  Makes one wonder how it made it all this way here.  Gave me a great opportunity to lecture my kids on a fascinating period of history, and give them a 'piece' of it (No French pun intended). Here are some photos from our most recent 4 day seminar.  This was actually the 7th step of the 'Timothy Training' and those who had been through the various steps were rewarded with a recently published Hausa Bible commentary.  After the Bible, there are relatively few rich theological resources readily available in Hausa, so we were glad to be able to distribute these. We recently inducted a new PAACS (Pan African Association of Christian Surgeons) resident into our program.  While I am not one of the faculty for this program, I do appreciate these do...