I was in one of those conversations with a three year old where the questions never end.
E: Why can't Ir have milk?
Me: She has an allergy.
E: “Why?”
Me: “Part of her body attacks something innapropriately.”
E: “What part?”
Me: “A really tiny thing in her blood.”
E: “How tiny are they?”
Me [getting a little tired of the conversation, and figuring I had the perfect over-his-head conversation killer]: “Oh so tiny you can’t see them… they are called cells.”
[long pause]
E: “Oh you mean like White cells that fight germs in the Magic School bus?”
Oh my, I guess, homeschooling time has advanced farther than I realized…
E: Why can't Ir have milk?
Me: She has an allergy.
E: “Why?”
Me: “Part of her body attacks something innapropriately.”
E: “What part?”
Me: “A really tiny thing in her blood.”
E: “How tiny are they?”
Me [getting a little tired of the conversation, and figuring I had the perfect over-his-head conversation killer]: “Oh so tiny you can’t see them… they are called cells.”
[long pause]
E: “Oh you mean like White cells that fight germs in the Magic School bus?”
Oh my, I guess, homeschooling time has advanced farther than I realized…

Comments