The compound pool opened this weekend, and while its one of those little round things that takes two strokes to cross, my kids talk about it all the time like it's an Olympic-size delight. But they don't exactly inspire confidence with their swimming abilities. I mean, picture Ir and E... the little arm floaties I managed to survive on as a kid are not nearly enough for these modern day water warriors... oh no: my kids have to have the latest in floatation safety, with foam built into their bathing-suits like body armor. Here are my kids, bobbing on top of the water that (generously estimating) is two feet deep, clinging desperately to their giant inflatable floaty, and screaming at me to hold them with both arms.
The compound pool opened this weekend, and while its one of those little round things that takes two strokes to cross, my kids talk about it all the time like it's an Olympic-size delight. But they don't exactly inspire confidence with their swimming abilities. I mean, picture Ir and E... the little arm floaties I managed to survive on as a kid are not nearly enough for these modern day water warriors... oh no: my kids have to have the latest in floatation safety, with foam built into their bathing-suits like body armor. Here are my kids, bobbing on top of the water that (generously estimating) is two feet deep, clinging desperately to their giant inflatable floaty, and screaming at me to hold them with both arms.

Comments